_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Want to be part of a group build? This is where to start, plan, and meet about them.
MSW Community Build BLOG Image Gallery
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 09:08 AM UTC
Ahoy, all entrants of our "Community Build Contest"!!

I have created a specific Gallery Album, all with seperate sub-categories for each and every named entrant, for the upload, storage, and thread posting of your Community Contest Blog images, for two reasons, one. all images are in ONE location, and two, you won't clog up your own personal gallery with Contest BLOG images...please upload your images into the proper category (your name, guys) and ONLY contest BLOG images!

I suggest that all entrants visit and bookmark both this link, and their own personal gallery also, for easy reference as you need to...

Community Contest Gallery Home
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,423 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 10:59 AM UTC
hello Mark,
i am a little slow so,we start a WIP Build Blog,with are photo's and commits,and then upload the photo's to the contest gallery under are names,right.
then the judges will use the photo's in the contest for the monthly votes.are we going to see how many votes we get each month?and is judge bribery allowed .(just joking)
sorry about the questions,i just want to be sure i have got it right.
cheers,
Bruce
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 12:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

hello Mark,
i am a little slow so,we start a WIP Build Blog,with are photo's and commits,and then upload the photo's to the contest gallery under are names,right.
then the judges will use the photo's in the contest for the monthly votes.are we going to see how many votes we get each month?and is judge bribery allowed .(just joking)
sorry about the questions,i just want to be sure i have got it right.
cheers,
Bruce

vii) The modeler will start a build blog on MSW (in the "Fleet Maneuvers" group build forum) at the start of the contest to display the progress of the build. At the end of each month, the builder must have between 5 to 10 photos which the staff will use to judge the entries.
(viii) First photo of the build blog must be of the model parts, still on their sprues and next to your selection of local newsprint, with the date fully visible… this is to ensure that no one starts with an advantage.

Bruce, I've created the contest gallery so the entrants do not have to use their personal gallery space for their blog photos...You still have to make the BLOG entries with images as per contest rule:

"(Example)
June 1st to June 30th (inclusive),… 1st build session, photos must be submitted by July 01/08 (Eastern Standard Time)
July 1st to July 7th,… 1st judges vote (based on photos submitted within the month)

July 1st to July 31st, ,… 2nd built session, photos must be submitted by July 31/08
August 1st to August 7th,… 2nd judges vote

Continuing in this fashion until:
May 1st to May 31st /2009,… 12th build session, photos to be submitted by May 31st
June 1st 2009 to June 7th 2009,… final judges vote

So basically, you have one month to build and post your build images for the month of June...then the judges will judge this phase, and so on, and so on, until the end of the contest...

Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 09:04 AM UTC
Ok mates....there's images in the gallery that I created for this event, but not under your specific names....are you guys clicking on your individual names, and then on "upload photos" AFTER you click on your individual names?....
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 11:08 AM UTC
Images moved and into their respective homes...everything looks well, mates...you don't HAVE to use this gallery (but I hope you do!), it's just a convenience and an "extra" for you, so you don't have to occupy your own gallery space for an entire year with contest images...
Carry on, gents.........
 _GOTOTOP