_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Want to be part of a group build? This is where to start, plan, and meet about them.
EVENT
MSW's Community Build Contest
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 12:00 PM UTC
Hear ye, hear ye!

It's now 00:00:00 GMT, and the official kick off of the "MSW Community Build Contest" has begun!

Now's the time to make your initial image post in your very own personal BLOG thread, and get busy!!

Don't forget that I have created a special, individualized gallery for each entrant, found here!

Let's roll, maties!!!!!!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
~Gunny
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 11:48 PM UTC
redneck
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 03:53 AM UTC
Ok now I feel dumb but its been awhile so.
How do I upload the pictures into the correct gallery? I can find them in you link I just can’t find the galleries when I try to upload pictures?
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 04:06 AM UTC
Hi Jacob

If you navigate to your MSW Community building gallery and then click upload photos, you're there!

Rui
redneck
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 04:23 AM UTC
tried that but it listed the gallery to upload them to as "Your Avatar"
Is that what I want?

I love computers.
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 04:42 AM UTC

Please upload them in your gallery Jacob, I'll move them for you!
Rui
KrokoHunter
Visit this Community
Fyn, Denmark
KitMaker: 179 posts
Model Shipwrights: 92 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 04:43 AM UTC
I'm a little at the deep end here too .. and I even work with computers

To get my blog started, I've uploaded my photos to my personal photobucket .... but once I figure out the Gallery .. I'll move the photos!
redneck
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 04:49 AM UTC
Thanks Rui.
I just uploaded them.

Looks like we've got some bugs the workout yet.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 08:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Rui.
I just uploaded them.

THIS is your starting point, mate...then just click your name, and then "upload photos"...I just did a test and all works well...
KrokoHunter
Visit this Community
Fyn, Denmark
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 09:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thanks Rui.
I just uploaded them.

THIS is your starting point, mate...then just click your name, and then "upload photos"...I just did a test and all works well...

Hmmmm I just tried that .. but the pictures I've uploaded has been placed in the MSW Build Contest folder ... instead of in my personal subfolder ..... and I can't figure out how to move them!
redneck
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 09:28 AM UTC
Mark something still aint right. I’ve Pmed you some screen shots of what I’m getting on my end.
redneck
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 11:46 AM UTC
Alls fix now.

Thanks Mark.
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,423 posts
Posted: Monday, June 02, 2008 - 12:04 PM UTC
hello all,
Where is Dave's(grumpyoldman) staff build start photo's.i hope he is ok,i was looking forward to his build.maybe he is on the other side of the date line and sunday was/is next friday
cheers,
Bruce
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Monday, June 02, 2008 - 12:10 PM UTC
Dave is probably having is heavy shifts
A man has to earn some money for the plastic

But thanks for asking - and it will show on the Staff Competition

Rui
Removed by original poster on 06/03/08 - 08:18:28 (GMT).
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 02, 2008 - 01:20 PM UTC
Well mates, day one of our Community Build AND Staffers Build Contest has come and gone, and after a very interesting (and a bit hectic!) start, we all ssem to be settling in...now, it's time for you guys to get busy, and us to wait for the first images of all of your entries (whilst we build OUR entries )...the next thing to put on your calendar will be the first photo judging, and as per contest rule, as folows:

"June 1st to June 30th (inclusive),… 1st build session, photos must be submitted by July 01/08 (Eastern Standard Time)
July 1st to July 7th,… 1st judges vote (based on photos submitted within the month)"

So lets get busy mates!
KrokoHunter
Visit this Community
Fyn, Denmark
Posted: Monday, June 02, 2008 - 08:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well mates, day one of our Community Build AND Staffers Build Contest has come and gone, and after a very interesting (and a bit hectic!) start, we all ssem to be settling in...now, it's time for you guys to get busy, and us to wait for the first images of all of your entries (whilst we build OUR entries )...the next thing to put on your calendar will be the first photo judging, and as per contest rule, as folows:

"June 1st to June 30th (inclusive),… 1st build session, photos must be submitted by July 01/08 (Eastern Standard Time)
July 1st to July 7th,… 1st judges vote (based on photos submitted within the month)"

So lets get busy mates!

Just a quick (stupid) question regarding the posting of the monthly session pics ... I'm just a bit in doubt (remember english is a second language for me) ....

Does pictures have to be posted precisely on the (e.g.) 1st of July ...... or do you mean that they have to be posted no later than the 1st?

The reason I ask, is that I know I'll get a problem uploading the July pictures by the 1st of August, because I'll be on Holiday in France from mid-July until first week of August ......

But if it's no problem, I'll just uoload my progress photos, before I drive to France .... It's not like I'll progress further on Yamato while I'm away ..... well, I will bring along a couple of kits, but I'm not sure Yamato will be one of them!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 02, 2008 - 09:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

So lets get busy mates!

Just a quick (stupid) question regarding the posting of the monthly session pics ... I'm just a bit in doubt (remember english is a second language for me) ....

Does pictures have to be posted precisely on the (e.g.) 1st of July ...... or do you mean that they have to be posted no later than the 1st?

The reason I ask, is that I know I'll get a problem uploading the July pictures by the 1st of August, because I'll be on Holiday in France from mid-July until first week of August ......

But if it's no problem, I'll just uoload my progress photos, before I drive to France .... It's not like I'll progress further on Yamato while I'm away ..... well, I will bring along a couple of kits, but I'm not sure Yamato will be one of them!

Ahoy, Niels!
No such thing as a stupid question here at MSW, mate!

As long as you have your images in by the due date each month, you'll be ok...remember, you will be judged each month on what you have accomplished, by showing us your images...so basically, the better your images, the better it is to your benefit (clear, sharp images, close-ups where necessary, etc)....you don't have to upload them on the due date, just make sure you have something in your blog by the due date, or you won't receive the monthly points, as per contest rules and reg's....
KrokoHunter
Visit this Community
Fyn, Denmark
Posted: Monday, June 02, 2008 - 11:00 PM UTC
Awesome!

Thanks for the reply, Mark!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 09:38 PM UTC
SITREP
2008-06-05

Ahoy mates, I'm happy to report that all who have signed up previously to our "Community Build Contest" have currently started the first phase of the contest, and are beginning their individual builds and BLOG's....I have made all of your BLOG threads into "sticky" style threads, and can be accessed at the front page of the "Fleet Maneuvers" home page for your convenience (the "sticky" list is long, so your BLOG may be on page two of the front page), and remember, the first judging period will close on June 30th, 2008, so make sure that you have your images and progress reported in your BLOG by this date...have fun, and as always, Keep Modeling!

~Gunny
 _GOTOTOP