_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Worth to see in the southern France?
KrokoHunter
Visit this Community
Fyn, Denmark
KitMaker: 179 posts
Model Shipwrights: 92 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 10:35 PM UTC
ahoy mateys.

I'm going on a 2-week vacation (by car) to France at the end of July - start of August.

We'll be staying at a campsite just a couple of kilometers south of Nice ... I've never been to France before, so I'd like to ask if there are any places, you know, that I'll just have to go and see ..... I've heard about a Aqarium and a Cousteu-museum .. that I'd like to see.

Do you know of any other places of interest? especially og maritime og naval interest!

Or perhaps some cool hobbyshops ...
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Model Shipwrights: 502 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2008 - 02:49 AM UTC
Just to bump that one a bit.. I have been spending all my hollidays between 2000 and 2006 near Nice, but to be honest, the mountains are more attractive to me than the ultra money induced coast, so really I wouldn't be able to tell about boats or stuff.
However I can recommend some nice boat trip/visit near Antibes, to the island of Lerins which are occupied by monks. It has to be the most peaceful area of coast at 400 kms round.
Ah, if you really want something WW2 related on those islands, there are some german bunkers WITHOUT ANY TAGS ON THEM + some bits of steel actually coming out of the holes.
For the rest, better ask some real french or even some English people as a matter of fact!
 _GOTOTOP