_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Related
Site related feedback, issues, or suggestions.
Blurry Photo's
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,423 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 05:43 PM UTC
hello all,
i have been looking at all the photo's posted here at MSW and all the other sites.and i have posted some photo's on the forums.all the photo's seem a little blurred when i look at them,including mine.i have to right click and refresh page with full picture quality to see them.
now the photo's i posted might have been my fault,bad lighting,bad background,etc.but i do not think every one is as bad of a photo taker as me.and i wonder if it is the new server.
i just thought you would want to know.
cheers,
Bruce
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 11:55 PM UTC
Hi Bruce,
Sometimes it depends on your Internet connection type, and ISP provider, mate....I struggled with dial-up for years until cable finally made it here to the backwoods of my part of the earth, and with my current connection, all is peachy keen, all images crystal clear, with lightning loading speed....previously, I used a "zoom" dial up connection that would display the images with less pixels, and of course, would be a more blurred image...
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,423 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 07:30 AM UTC
hello Mark,
it is weird,this is the only site i have problems on.i went out and got a 36 inch monitor with high def and all the software to see the photo's clearly,but the photo's still does not come in clear on Armorama.
i think i need to get the tech to come out and take a look at everything,i might not have something turn on or off right?how knows!
cheers,
Bruce
TracyWhite
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 527 posts
Model Shipwrights: 464 posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 - 05:26 PM UTC
Speed has nothing to do with clarity. If your monitor is an LCD type it might not be set to it's native resolution and that can degrade image quality. Additionally, I've seen software degrade image quality of jpgs in a way that the original creator doesn't see until later. With a jpg format picture, you can compress it down to make it smaller to send and load faster, but this makes things look jaggier. If you send photos through hotmail it will sometimes automatically resize and set the compression higher without informing you... I helped a friend with this very issue a year or so ago.
 _GOTOTOP