_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Want to be part of a group build? This is where to start, plan, and meet about them.
redneck's Cruisers of the 20th Century
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 01:29 PM UTC
Looks like its time to get started.

Considering I'll be building my kit for the Community Build as well I'll post most of my progress pictures here and update the community build page once a month.

So on to business.
My entry will be (for anyone who doesn't yet know.) a 1/350 scale model of the USS Gettysburg.

Well looking at the hull I assumed it would be the normal 2 haves getting glued together. I was wrong. It’s got 3 support pieces running across the hull and no notches around the edge. Not sure if I like this way better or not yet.
Needless to say the battle of the hull has started.

Also I glues up the kits base. Did a real crappy job of it. Even think a piece or 2 in backwards. I really don’t care what it look’s like. I’m just going to use it to hold the ship for construction. Once its done it will be sitting on a custom handmade cherry and walnut stand.
Hey you can’t expect me to risk getting paint or glue on something like that.
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 08:25 AM UTC
I’ve got the hull glued up all except the tip.
I think I’ve got a piece of plastic broken off the one side so I’m going to wait until I can get the deck inplace to work on that.

Now its time to pull out the putty and sandpaper.

PS: anyone know where I can find some pictures inside the chopper hanger? Still debating on if I’m going to have the door open or not.
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 846 posts
Model Shipwrights: 740 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 05:04 AM UTC
And we're off! Glad to see you starting on this, Jacob. I have some pics of Kongo (Burke) hangars, but don't seem to have any of Tico class hangars... In the big scheme of things, it's amazing how little pictorial info there actually is of Ticonderogas. I hope somebody here can help!
 _GOTOTOP