_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Want to be part of a group build? This is where to start, plan, and meet about them.
"What If" Campaign Proposal
TheDiggs
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 160 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 06:49 PM UTC
Hello all,
I have an idea for a campaign and I want to see if anyone is interested. The campaign would explore histories "what if questions" like what if the Super Yamato or Montana classes where built or what if the US Baltimore class cruisers where up-gunned making them the 'cruiser killer' that the US sought when they built the massive and immensely expensive Alaska class large cruiser.

You could build any warship that didn't actually exist whether it is a modification of an actual warship, a warship planned but never built, or a design that is partially or completely unique. Even a Frankenstein warship would be welcome.

The use of any materials would be acceptable whether it be plastic, metal, wood, resign, etc.

I am going to modify a kit for the USS Pittsburgh that I have sitting in my closet and give her six twelve-inch guns in two triple turrets instead of the nine eight-inch guns in three triple turrets that she actually had. I may even replace her five-inch secondary guns with dual-purpose six-inch guns.

Any takers? Click here to read more about the campaign, and to enlist!
 _GOTOTOP