_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
1/350 Fujimi IJN Kongo Build Log/ Review
RussellE
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 3,959 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,777 posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 - 04:24 PM UTC
That wouldn't happen to be the Bandai 1/350 Space battleship Yamato would it Dade? The one with all the lights and sounds effects?

From what i've seen of it it's an awesome kit! And one of my favorite cartoons from when i was a kid!

There's a Japanese live action movie just been released too!
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 846 posts
Model Shipwrights: 740 posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 - 06:40 PM UTC
Yep, the Bandai one with all the bells and whistles. I've had it for a couple years now, but other projects keep getting in thew way (the usual problem). Bandai just released a new one in 1/500 (as opposed to the original 1/500 release from 30 years ago)-- that one's a little less involved, so I may get that one done sooner.

The live action movie is pretty good. It's not as good as the recent Star Trek movie in acting or effects, but still pretty decent and recommend a viewing if you haven't seen it already.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 03:01 AM UTC
Dade,

Glad to see you back. Hope things are well and you get a chance to get back to building.

Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 846 posts
Model Shipwrights: 740 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 03:36 AM UTC
Hi Jim,

Yeah, the Musashi stares at me every night from on top of the display case facing the couch yelling, "FINISH ME!!!" Which I will when the stream of commissions and such ends. But until then, I have to remain a bit of a stranger to my love of shipbuilding. But someday... someday....

Good seeing you again!
 _GOTOTOP