_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Hi from Ray in Canada...newbie on board....
bravozulu
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 124 posts
Model Shipwrights: 123 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 05:56 PM UTC
Just discovered this wonderfull site. I am on the Steelnavy and Modelwarships Forums, and never knew this existed till just now.
I build 700 scale and 350th scale plastic and resin kits. My main line of interest is US Navy post war, with
penchant to Cold War era navies. Also love Naval Aviation post war to present day. I am photographer here by profession, and in the 80s and 90s travelled extensively to all the big US Naval bases and stations and photographed the ships and aircraft of the US Fleet on Kodachrome slide film.....all of these are gems now because the ships are all gone, and planes with hooks too.
I would love to see a section in this forum where one could post nice large files of pictures of ships of all nations... my pet peeve is going to Navsource or other sites and clicking on a thumbnail and having a 4 inch by five inch lo res picture come up so horribly pixellated you cant see anything. Being a ship modeler I want to pull down a ship image and bring it up with a couple clicks and still see ship board details.
I reside in Winnipeg, Canada. Wherezat you say??? I am landlocked, north of North Dakota of the USA, just between those two big lakes on the map. As far as one can get from salt water. My retirement dream is to get the heck out of here and move to either East Coast or West Coast and hang out on the harbor front...... with a nice looking lady of course...and my camera. Anyone may email me off list at [email protected] .
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 10:20 PM UTC
Ahoy Ray, and echoing my previous post concerning your avatar, Welcome to Model Shipwrights!

It is an honor to have you on board, my friend, and will be a true pleasure to have your talents and knowledge on site, for sure...looking forward to working with you in the future, and seeing some of your work to display here as well!

Cheers,
~Gunny
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 01:45 AM UTC
Welcome Ray,

I echo Marks remarks! It is always good to get new folks to come aboard.

Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 08:19 AM UTC
Gidday Ray

A very warm welcome from the South Pacific - Auckland, New Zealand. As we are surrounded by the ocean and as I sit I look across the mighty Waitemata Harbour I feel for you as a landlocked ship modeller.

Again welcome and IMHO I believe you wont find a better bunch of modellers than those on this site.

Cherers

Sean
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 10:38 AM UTC
Welcome Aboard Ray.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 10:51 AM UTC
Welcome Ray from a rather warm south Louisiana. Great to see you here.

Kenny
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Model Shipwrights: 934 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 12:08 PM UTC
Welcome aboard Ray, great to have you aboard.

Frank
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2008 - 12:10 PM UTC
Hi Ray

Welcome aboard MSW!
Thank you for the introduction - it's always nice to know a bit more about the guy on the other side of the callsign
I hope that you enjoy MSW and it would be interesting to see some of those framed treasures you captured

Cheers!

Rui
JMartine
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,514 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 03:42 AM UTC
Welcome aboard!
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 1,610 posts
Model Shipwrights: 566 posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2008 - 10:47 AM UTC
Ray, welcome aboard! It's great to have you on the site. I'd love to have your slides made available for reference when building. Hopefully we can set something up on this site for that purpose. (Hint, hint!!!)
 _GOTOTOP