_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Want to be part of a group build? This is where to start, plan, and meet about them.
Community Build 3rd Session Results OOB
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 02:32 AM UTC
Rui Matos (Skipper)

5 points to James Martiney's 1/350 USS Kidd DDG-993
Again, steady progress, good photo coverage, and care taken on some usually overlooked details.

3 points to Keith Richardson's 1/700 HMS Illustrious
Apparently a small update, but managed to make the hull shape correction, continued good progress on the superstructure.

Mark R. Smith (Gunny)

Gold (5 pts) James Martiney, Good images, progress reporting, and supporting text, following a steady build...

Silver (3 pts) to Keith Richardson, with some good surfacing work accomplishments! Keep it up!

Frank Portela (Clanky44)

Gold (5pts) Keith Richardson's 1/700th HMS Illustrious

Few photos to gauge the progress of the build but in the few that are there shows the superstructure has undergone extensive work, and all looking quite clean. Good job, more photos next month please.

Silver (3pts) James Martiney's 1/350th USS Kidd

Good photo coverage, but appears to be pacing himself for a full 12 months worth of a build, steady build, well done.

Jim Adams (goldenpony)

Keith – 5 Points – Good work on fixing a major errors on the bow and getting the rest of hull looking good.

James – 3 Points – Took Good progress and documentation.

Kenny Loup (Gator)

I must say that both of you are doing an excellent job with your builds. Nice, steady pace with quality results. Having both of these kits in the stash, I can tell you that the can be somewhat challenging. But with careful attention to detail, they make beautiful models.

5 points to Keith Richardson (beefy66)
Keith, your attention to the hull is outstanding. I must say that the work on the island is very nice also.

3 points to James Martiney (JMartine)
James, awesome work on the superstructure. Your approach to building is a perfect step-by-step for those who are getting back in to the hobby or for those brand new builder. On a side note, I would suggest getting a small piece of styrene rod and your pin vise and practice drilling out the center. I was able to drill out the main and secondary armament on my 1/700 HIJMS Kongo with a little practice.

Great Job guys, keep it up!!
Cheers,
~Gunny
JMartine
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,514 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 12:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Kenny Loup (Gator)

On a side note, I would suggest getting a small piece of styrene rod and your pin vise and practice drilling out the center. I was able to drill out the main and secondary armament on my 1/700 HIJMS Kongo with a little practice.

Cool idea.. I will try it for sure, now I have to find bits small enough, did you use a pin vise or a Dremel type rotary tool? I guess a pin vise will be easier to control..anyways, thanks for the tip!

_GOTOTOP