_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Related
Site related feedback, issues, or suggestions.
Staff Community Build Incentive
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,423 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 10:43 AM UTC
hello all Staff Members at MSW,
Miss Mary and I are putting up an incentive for the Staff Community Build.as Mark has already stated that the Community Build is to foster a build to get everyone at MSW together,learn from each other and build up the membership here at MSW.
Now Harry and Kenny has put up Incentives to help keep the members who signed up interested in finishing their builds.
We think that the staff should also get an Incentive for doing their builds.without the staff donating the time and energy to this site,it would not be the great site it is today.they take time away from family and workbench to do what they do for MSW,always ready to answer a question,give praise,and chide us along to finish a build or get better at what we do.and they do it for NO money,awards or ticker tape(virtual)parade.
So this is What Miss Mary and i am offering:
1st prize for best of the staff builds(by vote of the members here at MSW) a $50.00 gift certificate to a online shore of their choice.
for the rest of the staff builds(that are done on time) a $25.00 gift certificate of a online store of their choice.
Mark,i know that we have discussed this before,but Miss Mary and i would really like to do this,OK.
cheers,
Bruce
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 11:27 AM UTC
Hi Bruce,
That's a very generous offer by yourself and Mary, my friend...we do our jobs here at KitMaker for a specific reason, mate, and that is to help promote our hobby, and to build a fine website that we all can call home...a place where we can gather daily to talk and learn about ship modeling.

Yes, we all spend alot of time doing so (and thank you for the recognition!), but we really enjoy doing what we do...without a monetary compensation, and with only the thought that yes, we are doing the hobby some good, as well as building a helpful site for all members with our efforts...personally, I don't feel that a monetary prize is necessary to help prod us along with our builds, my friend, and I can't tell you what to do with your hard earned cash, but what I can do is to maybe guide your thoughts to the way that we on staff think...and that's to do what we do, because we all love doing it!

Best Regards,
~Mark
grayghost666
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 12:03 PM UTC
hello Mark,
i do not have a company to offer prizes to the staff for the builds.how about a placque's to the staff for thier contribution for the work they do here at MSW and for the Staff Build?
it will have thier names, position at MSW,etc.
we were not trying to insult any of the staff by offering money,but to show that we appreciate what you are doing here at MSW by taking time from your personal lives to help all the members here at MSW.and lord knows i take alot of that time .
so,please ask the staff members if they would accept this from Miss Mary and myself.
cheers,
Bruce
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 12:15 PM UTC

We know you were'nt being insultive my friend! Do you know what makes us happy as staffers? Happy, talkative, involved members! So basically, mate, just keep doing what you're doing, by being involved with the sites activities, forum talk, and the like...because when it all boils down to it Bruce, without you guys, well, we really have no reason to be here!
grayghost666
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 03:31 PM UTC
hello Mark,
i will again agree with you and drop this matter.BUT,i have a long winter to recoup from my injuries and i WILL find a way to Honor all of the Staff Members here at Model Shipwrights.
cheers to all my friends,
Bruce
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 09:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

hello Mark,
i will again agree with you and drop this matter.BUT,i have a long winter to recoup from my injuries and i WILL find a way to Honor all of the Staff Members here at Model Shipwrights.
cheers to all my friends,
Bruce

You already do, mate, by being an active member...
There's nothing that pleases us more than to have our membership participate in as much as possible here at MSW, my friend!
Cheers,
~Mark
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2008 - 05:00 AM UTC
Hi Miss Mary and Bruce

I have been away for a few days and then I read this!
Well, I can only say A BIG THANK YOU for the incentive and the kind words - although I think that wasn't needed, as Mark so well said!
The biggest incentive is still to see this community grow in a healthy way and of course, full of talented people!

Rui
grayghost666
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2008 - 11:11 AM UTC
hello Rui,
thank you for your kind words,but Miss Mary and myself have came up with some for the staff here at MSW that i do not even think Mark can say no too.
keep an eye on this post for the surprise for the staff from us.
cheers,
Bruce
 _GOTOTOP