_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
Got a new kit today
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,423 posts
Posted: Friday, September 12, 2008 - 07:01 PM UTC
hello all,
got a new kit and i thought i would share it with you all.i am going to use it in the Preadnought Campaign.
it is the Flagship Models USS Winslow TB-5 Foote Class Torpedo Boat (1897-1911) in 1/192 scale.
this is just a few of the Photo's of the kit,the rest will be posted in the GB Predreadnought campaign folder,so here they are:

and of the PE that comes with the kit,no extra charge:

this is a great kit and Rusty White is great with the order fulfillment and customer service,i ordered it on a Monday and got it Thursday
cheers,
Bruce
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Model Shipwrights: 502 posts
Posted: Friday, September 12, 2008 - 09:37 PM UTC
WOW, what a great looking boat and model! Now that's one build I will follow closely!
JB
grayghost666
Posted: Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 07:57 AM UTC
hello JB,
it looks like a great kit.my biggest problem is i have never built a resin kit and i have never used PE on a ship,so i will be asking a lot of questions as i build her.
the best thing about Flagship Models is that the PE came with the kit.i did not know that,so i ordered a set.so i have 2 sets of PE details in-case it mess up 1 of them.
if you look under the Predreadnought folder, i will post all of the photo's i took of her.
cheers,
Bruce
treadhead1952
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 552 posts
Model Shipwrights: 493 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 11:46 AM UTC
Hi Bruce,

That is a pretty sharp looking little kit. Gotta love that cambered deck and being in a large enough scale to actually see the details as well as work on them helps too.

Don't let the resin part spook you, it is actually pretty easy to deal with, just a different type of glue to stick things together with, either two part epoxy or CA. FSM had an article on resin ship model building and it is available in their websites' downloadable section if you are a member, if not and you would like a look see at it let me know and I can E Mail you a copy.

Looking forwards to watching it go together.
grayghost666
Posted: Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 12:21 PM UTC
hello Jay,
Rusty at Flagship Models has a lot of CD's on ship building,realistic weathering,using PE,etc.that is next on my wish list.
thanks for the heads up about the article at Fine Scale.i am a member and will go looking for it.
cheers,
Bruce
 _GOTOTOP