_GOTOBOTTOM
Research & Resources
Discuss on research, history, and issues dealing with reference materials.
WOD
Navy Word of the Day ~ 11/3/08
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2008 - 01:29 AM UTC
Ahoy Shipmates!

Continuing on with your Naval education we bring you another installment of MSW’s Navy Word of the Day.

Your comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
JMartine
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,514 posts
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2008 - 01:24 PM UTC
UCMDJ... also ,the on little detail that many direct commision recruiters forget to mention to the newly commusioned medical corps residents. So, for example, when a new LT decides to leave early her reserve drill weekend because she has "work" to do at the hospital, and her unit XO stops her and gives her a direct order to turn around, if the aforementioned LT would have any clue she was under UCMDJ she would not have pushed me aside, laughed in my face and tell me "MAKE me stay! I will go and talk to .

of course, her NJP was to stay after the end of the DWE and read the d**N UCMDJ, right after I was done writing couple Page 13s on her.

Ah! I feel better now, thank you Jim!
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2008 - 02:59 PM UTC
LOL

I was close once to NJP. I was working in the galley. Work was done for the day and I was so close to hitting ym rack. Then came the word, "All FSA's muster on the mess decks." So I went.

I showed up and two others. The other 6 didn't. I was RIPPED and told the MS! I was made.
I suppose asking him "Where the heck are those other lazy fools. This is total garbage that 3 of us show up and do the work of the other lazy people." Of course I was a WHOLE lot more colorful.

We did our work and the next day I was talked to by the CMC, he heard me the night before. He told me it would be better if kept my mouth shut becuse he didn't want to start calling me Fireman Adams.

_GOTOTOP