Topics on building dioramas are grouped here
My Tirpitz 1/350 Photos
hackman
Visit this Community
Sweden
KitMaker: 130 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 03:18 AM UTC
Hello. Just wanted to show my Academy Tirpitz. I don't usually build ships but some ships from WW2 is a must, It came out pretty nice, don't you think so? I saw in a book of authors from Russia, battle ships WW2 a painting of Tirpits in a camo of green,brown and yellow.in june 1942. It was quite striking and a month later it was repainted in the grey shades like this one. It was really new to me. Anyone else that know something about that?

Ascaria
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
KitMaker: 253 posts
Model Shipwrights: 141 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 05:57 AM UTC
Hi,

for future painitings schemes check please bilingual (polish-english) book Krigsmarine Colors vol 1, real tresure for german navy enthusiasts.

http://www.empik.com/kriegsmarine-colors-vol-1-ksiazka,373459,p

Ahoy from Ascaria

[quote]Hello. Just wanted to show my Academy Tirpitz. I don't usually build ships but some ships from WW2 is a must, It came out pretty nice, don't you think so? I saw in a book of authors from Russia, battle ships WW2 a painting of Tirpits in a camo of green,brown and yellow.in june 1942. It was quite striking and a month later it was repainted in the grey shades like this one. It was really new to me. Anyone else that know something about that?
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 06:19 AM UTC
http://www.empik.com/kriegsmarine-colors-vol-1-ksiazka,373459,p

Working link. Very nice work Jan.

Kenny
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Model Shipwrights: 258 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 06:25 AM UTC
Looks real good to me,a nice clean build,I build my 1/350 out-of-box also,can't handle all that PE yet.
 _GOTOTOP