_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
PE for AOSHIMA models
Rommek
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
KitMaker: 26 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1 posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 - 10:25 AM UTC
Hello Fellows!
I am new in ship modelling, so I count on your help.
I wonder if there are any pe sets for upgrading Aoshima's 1/700 models.
Can you recommend me where to purchase them?
Thanks a lot!
Maciek
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 - 10:59 AM UTC
Tom's Model Works has many different sets depending on which class of ship.

Gold Medal Models also has many different sets.

There are some sets specific to certian ships and other are generic for all IJN ships.

Lion Roar is another company that makes a good deal of IJN PE.

You can find these at Hobby Link Japan, or directly from Toms and GMM.

treadhead1952
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 552 posts
Model Shipwrights: 493 posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 - 12:06 PM UTC
Welcome to the site Maciej,

As Jim pointed out, Toms' Model Works and Gold Medal Models both have several sets that work for Aoshima kits. Toms' Model Works website has just about all the information required to make a good choice as well as being able to order right there. His service is most excellent. Gold Medal Models site lets you browse through his selection but you will have to snail mail an order as he doesn't do website orders. There are also links to reviews on GMMs' products on some of the pages and his stuff is very nice with great instruction sheets. White Ensign also carries some things that are applicable and may be easier for you to obtain over in Europe. Lions' Roar parts are very nice as well but you will have to order things in different sets to obtain all the things needed to do a specific ship except for a few complete sets that they have. Eduards' also has a few things that would work as well and are pretty close to where you are. I am a big fan of their Miscellaneous IJN Ship sets, it has several parts that you just can't get anywhere else like for the secondary weapons mounts, small boat parts, radar sets, paravane parts and even the Lotus blossom for the bow.

Good luck on your searching and ship building, Aoshima makes some excellent kits that are pretty reasonable and with some extra work come out looking great.
silent-one
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 86 posts
Model Shipwrights: 70 posts
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 - 04:27 AM UTC
If your making the 350 scale Takao. a 700 scale Yamashiro or Fuso the best manufacturer is probably flyhawk, which is simply sensational.. As for GMM you can make your order online by using paypal. Totally easy and explained how to do it on the GMM site. The best pe really depends on what ship your making. I tend to stick to WEM GMM and Lion Roar. Currently making a Fuso using Flyhawk.
 _GOTOTOP