_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Pit-Road's Upcoming 1/350
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 846 posts
Model Shipwrights: 740 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 12:25 PM UTC
I apologize for the low quality of this picture. It's from a tiny blurb in the December issue of Model Graphix showing the fourth kit in Pit-Road's WB series: an IJN LST.

I had heard of this a couple months ago from a source, and seeing this, I'm glad it turned out to be true. I'm *so* looking forward to this thing, and if it comes out in time, may be another entry I'll throw into the Gator Navy campaign.

Previously, the only way to get one these things in plastic was with Tamiya's 2 for 1 set of transports (it's the one on the bottom).

But having one in 1/350, with Pit-Road's quality... I'm there! Looks like it was a good thing I didn't go through with my plan to scratch build one from the ground up...

As an aside, this issue of Model Graphix has some other great stuff in it including an excellent Nagato build (albeit with uncorrected hull) and some nice shots of some big scale (some are in 1/1) sets and ship models.
Rab
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 353 posts
Model Shipwrights: 207 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 06:55 PM UTC
Hey Dade,
I was collecting info on them for a scratchbuild when I read about Pit Road's future release, glad I hadn't started.
treadhead1952
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 552 posts
Model Shipwrights: 493 posts
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 - 02:38 AM UTC
Cool, thanks for the heads up Dade.

When I built the 1/700 set I found a Japanese language site where one enterprising modeler went so far as to super detail one in the divine scale by opening it up and adding a ton of stuff with watchlike precision. Having one in the larger scale will make it much easier to detail up.
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 846 posts
Model Shipwrights: 740 posts
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 - 04:29 AM UTC
Hey guys, glad I could help out with the info.

Jay, speaking of super detailing the 1/700 version, you should check out Jeff Lin from Taiwan and his build:

More of his inspiring work here...
 _GOTOTOP