_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Input needed
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 - 06:48 AM UTC
Ahoy mates!

I would like your input on a possible revamp of the Gator's Masks line of paint masks. To simplify the masking process, I am considering cutting a mask for each color, removing the background vinyl and then applying a transfer tape to aide in placing the masks. Of course, these improvements would add to the cost of the masks, possibly doubling the cost.

My question to you, the end user, is would it be worth it for you to make these changes?

Kenny
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 - 08:12 AM UTC
Here is a sample of what I am considering. This is the masks for the 1/350 USS Buchanan. The 5-H Haze Gray masks are on the top and the 5-O Ocean Gray masks are on the bottom.

There is approximately 1 hour of prep time to get to this stage. A paper transfer tape would then cover the masks.

Kenny
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 - 12:41 PM UTC
Hi Kenny

The improvement could be good, but could you maintain the older version (Original and Pro-Version )?
This way the customer could choose which amount of money he would spend on Gator Masks...

It's a good step towards accurate complex camo masking, imho!
Let's hear what the rest of the guys have to say

Rui
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 - 09:43 PM UTC
Good question, Ken, and as with anything, increased userability = increased cost, of course...personally, I'm with Rui on this one, that an offer of both styles would be the best idea, especially at first, to see the response from your customers...then you can gauge the feasibility of going in one direction or the other.

Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 01:31 AM UTC
Thanks guys. I'll add a choice of having the masks color separated. For now, the masks will now come like this:

_GOTOTOP