_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
NEWS
Latest Model Art Magazine
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 05:01 AM UTC
Ahoy Shipmates

Model Art have called by the news desk and given us the low down on their latest release.

Check it out!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Sean
treadhead1952
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 552 posts
Model Shipwrights: 493 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 07:24 AM UTC
Thanks for the heads up on this one Sean. Just ordered my copy from Dragon Online. With my planned Texas sized build of the Tama it should come in quite handy.
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 846 posts
Model Shipwrights: 740 posts
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2008 - 12:02 PM UTC
Definitely a must-have. I've had mine for a few weeks and like all ModelArt specials, it's spectacular.
treadhead1952
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2008 - 03:12 PM UTC
We like spectacular

Now I can hardly wait!
treadhead1952
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 01:06 PM UTC
Ahoy Shipmates,

I recieved my Model Art #29 Autumn 2008 issue today and Dade, you were right, it is pretty spectacular. Not only is there a rundown of several 1/700 kits of the 5500 Ton series of IJN Cruisers year by year of their development and modification; it includes line drawings of several in various guises (gotta build a Kitakama ala 1941 version with no less than 10 quad torpedo mounts!) it also has a brief section on the three deck Akagi AC Carrier, USS Saratoga and the JMSDF Ice Breaker Shirase complete with a photo section of the real deal. There are a number of fold out pages with line drawings in various scales that offer enough details to get way happy scratching and kit bashing your way through a whole fleet or two. Highly recommended if you are into doing modifications or kit bashing these lovelies, even though it is for the most part written in Japanese characters.

I guess I will have to invest in a few more of these issues, never can have enough reference material.
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 02:19 PM UTC
Hi Jay!

You're right, sounds like this issue has come out in a timely manner for your big project!

--Karl
Quincy
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 99 posts
Model Shipwrights: 97 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 04:22 PM UTC
You guys are one issue late! The latest issue is Model Art #30 Genealogy of IJN Destroyers part 3. All kidding aside issue #29 is spectacular. I haven't missed an issue yet. I've actually started building the Skywave 1/350 Ukuru today. My first big ship so to speak thats not 1/700. Now I have to wait for its photoetch set to be released.

Bob Pink.
treadhead1952
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 04:31 PM UTC
Hmm, not that I was ever late for anything except dinner before, yeah right!

I was browsing about and think I may have to snag some back issues and the newest since I am way into IJN Destroyers. Also the one on the Akagi is looking pretty interesting as well.
 _GOTOTOP