_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Want to be part of a group build? This is where to start, plan, and meet about them.
Community Build 6th Session Voting Full Build
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 10:48 PM UTC
Results are in, mates, for our 6th session, and are as follows:

5 points to Peter Fulgoney (Peter F)
Peter, great work on getting those details just right.

3 points to Dade W. Bell (Karybdis)
More very nice photo etch work on the Hiryu.

1 point to Jacob Walker (redneck)
Nice detail work with the photo etch and good to see some paint going on.

Kenny

Another tough decision, mates....

Gold (5 points) to Dade Bell this month for some serious fine detailing work...Nice!

Silver, (3 points) falls VERY closely to Peter's (peterf) equally as fine detailing to his build, but judging on progress alone for this decision...

Bronze, (1 point) to our mate Jacob Walker (redneck) for his great work and progress on his build...keep it up!

Great Job one and all, Keep Modeling!
~Gunny

(5 points) Peter Fulgoney (Peter F) It is all in the details and you are hitting them

(3 points) Dade W. Bell (Karybdis) Another great month and another very nice update.

(1 point) Jacob Walker (redneck) Good job slugging away and adding some of those extra touches!

Keep it up everyone! Looking forward to a tight race next month.

Jim A.

Run steady, keep course!
It would be good to see the other contenders updates, like Guido (keep your eyes on the ball, Guido!!), but there's still time for some impressive builds here!!!

So, here's my vote:
5 points to Peter Fulgoney's 1/700 Georgios Averoff
Peter has done a very tedious job (vents) and worked on the small PE bits, that make models at this scale very interesting to look at... I understand the pain with the small triangular braces (been there, done that!). Overall a great in progress report, and looking forward for the next update!

3 poinst to Dade W. Bell's 1/700 IJN Hiryu
Dade, as usual, is taking a great attention to detail and correct and improve the base model. Even with all the PE sets, Dade has found room for improvement. Very nice railing application: flawless from what I can see. Always a treat to read and watch the updates. Keep up!

1 point to Jacob Walker's 1/350 USS Gettysburg
Jacob is keeping up his project and is putting in some nice details, as the 350th figurines inside the hangar
I also liked the previous PE details that make the subassembly looking good, with the extra details.
Let's see what December brings
Keep up, Jacob!

Commendation to Niels M. Frederiksen 1/700 IJN Yamato for his start with a difficult task (turret) and, please, don't give up. Try simple ways of Cyanoacrilate glue (fine wire applicator or any other method) and need to improve the bending of the PE parts. Keep up Niels!!!

Rui

5 points to Dade W. Bell (Karybdis)
Good amount of work on the PE railings, always a tough task in 700th,... yours look very clean.

3 points to Peter Fulgoney (Peter F)
Impressive perseverance with all that fine detail, the machine-gun platforms are brilliant!

1 point to Neils M.Frederiksen (KrokoHunter)
Good deal of work with the turret PE. I agree with Rui on your CA application. Try applying a bit of Tamiya super fine liquid glue to form a temporary bond between the plastic and the brass, and then with the part in place, apply the finest amount of fine CA to the part... Good to have you back!

Frank

Again, great job full builders, and thanks for your continued support for our Contest!

Keep Modeling!!!
~Gunny
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 846 posts
Model Shipwrights: 740 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 04:59 AM UTC
Wow, awesome work, everybody! I'm very thankful for that extension on the Cold War Tin Cans, as without it, I'm not sure how much I would have gotten done this month! Whew!
KrokoHunter
Visit this Community
Fyn, Denmark
KitMaker: 179 posts
Model Shipwrights: 92 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 09:21 AM UTC
Wow .. I'm honoured of receiving points, and thank you so much for the constructive critisism .. that even worth more than points ..... I'll try using other glue applicators ....Tamiya Extra Thin Cement isn't readilly available here in Denmark, but I'll try to see if I can find it in some webshop .. once again thanks ... and big congrats to Peter, Dade and Jacob .. great work guys!
peterf
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 426 posts
Model Shipwrights: 424 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 08:11 PM UTC
Cheers, Niels, the idea of points is a bit perverse but probably entertaining for our viewers. What I'm getting out of this is a thorough build and hopefully a good representation of the ship finally.

Peter F
 _GOTOTOP