_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
P/E kit matchup
dmac730
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2008 - 01:39 PM UTC
How can I find out what kits have photo-etched parts available?
I'm more interested in Age of Sail and Ironclads. 22 years in the USN and tired of the color haze gray!
Also, if you add the cost of the kit plus the P/E kit would it be cheaper to by a resin kit?
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,423 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2008 - 07:07 PM UTC
hello Don,
Welcome to MSW,this is a great site for Ship Modelers.
per your question,check out Flagship models.there are 5-10 different Ironclad Models that are Resin and all have PE sets to go with them.i m not sure if the PE is included with the kit.
i ordered the USS Winslow and a set of PE to go with it and my kit contained the PE,so i have 2 sets of them.so some kits may have the PE with them.if in doubt about the PE's are with the kit,just E-Mail Rusty and he will let you know.i have never had any trouble with the site or any of his kits.
on Sailing Ships check out Model Expo.i have gotten some of their monthly catalogers and they have alot of Sailing Ships.not sure if they have PE to go with them.
hope this helps.
cheers,
Bruce
dmac730
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 12:45 PM UTC
Hey thanks for the help. Now my next question....I remember stumbling onto a website that showed how to add detail to a plastic kit such as cloth sails, wooden decks etc. Anyone know where to find that info?
 _GOTOTOP