_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Italeri PT Boat Crew- First Impressions
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,244 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 01:55 AM UTC
Hello All, I just received the Italeri PT figures in the mail from Lucky model. I am very happy with them. The figures consist of five parts each, torso and head, arms, legs, and a helmet. I haven't tried assembling them yet, so I can't comment on the fit of the pieces. There is a lot of variation in each figure, so they don't all look too much alike. The details are not bad, but the figures could be improved by substituting some heads from Hornet. The one complaint I do have concerns the posing of the figures. Italeri makes the figures and the boat they are meant to be used on. But, some of the figures don't look like they belong where they are meant to be used. The crew for the 40mm Bofors consists of three figures , and a man with binoculars, presumably the gun captain. The helmsman and the 37mm and the 20mm gunners also look good. There is one figure who isn't doing much of anything who can be placed anywhere. The problem is with the two .50 cal. gunners. Their arms and hands are not posed holding onto the weapons they are supposed to be using. One of the .50 cal gunners looks like he is sitting down driving a car! It is not like they were made by a different company. Of course the figures can be modified, but I don't think you should have to. This is not to say I don't like this set, I do. It is a good value for what you get, and quite useful. I just don't understand why Italeri didn't put a little more thought into their positions. This is just my opinion of course, and is not meant as a formal review, but I would recommend them to anyone building the PT or any other naval vessel in 1/35. I don't have access to a digital camera so I can't post any pictures of the figures. Al
 _GOTOTOP