_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Shinsengumi Wood Decks for 1/700 Fuso
pagodaphile
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 62 posts
Model Shipwrights: 46 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 01:07 AM UTC
Ahoy mates!
Does anybody out there know of a current US source for the Shinsengumi 1/700 wood decks for the Fuso / Yamashiro ? I tried Pacific Front and even HLJ. Are they still in production ? Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.....................out
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 846 posts
Model Shipwrights: 740 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 04:19 AM UTC
Howdy Pagoda,

Actually, you'll need to decide if you want the Fuso OR Yamashiro as their decks are very different due to the superstructure base being different, as well as the different dead positions of the C turret.

I got my Yamashiro deck from HLJ. Yes, they're pretty much out of production as near as I can tell, but you may still want to put in an order (the gray square doesn't mean it's gone for good- just that it may take a while to arrive). Sometimes HLJ can still hammer down stuff that seems to be gone for good- you just have to wait...

I haven't found anyone in the US that sells Shinsengumi decks- they appear on ebay occasionally for double and triple their yen price (say "limited production" and sellers get wacky). I'm sorry that I can't help more, but give HLJ a shot- unless it's a rush job, you may be pleasantly surprised.

My Shinsengumi 1/700 Yamashiro deck review...

_GOTOTOP