_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Support Vessels
Non-combat support vessels of any type and post-sail.
Hosted by Harry
ww2 us transport ships
allamerican
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 12:04 PM UTC
Hello folks...My son in laws grandfather passed away recently and I wanted to build a kit like the ship he was stationed on..it was the U.S.S General G.C. Morton.
Research has told me it was a Squier class transport ship laid down in richmond ca in 1944...is there a kit, plastic or resin out there? I have search couldn't find anything...but i am a rookie...I'm an armor man...any help would be super ..thanks
chriss aka allamerican
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2009 - 02:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello folks...My son in laws grandfather passed away recently and I wanted to build a kit like the ship he was stationed on..it was the U.S.S General G.C. Morton.
Research has told me it was a Squier class transport ship laid down in richmond ca in 1944...is there a kit, plastic or resin out there? I have search couldn't find anything...but i am a rookie...I'm an armor man...any help would be super ..thanks
chriss aka allamerican

Ahoy Chriss,
Welcome to Modelshipwrights mate!

Hmmm, you sure know how to make an entrance, bro...as far as I know, there are no kits available that you can directly build this specific vessel, my friend...would be a nice scratch build though!

Battlefleet Models will be your best bet for the biggest selection of transport/freighter style kits that are currently available.

Let's see if our freighter friends have any more input to add.........
~Gunny

_GOTOTOP