_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Want to be part of a group build? This is where to start, plan, and meet about them.
Community Build 8th Session Voting Full Build
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2009 - 01:09 PM UTC
Here it is, mates, this months point awards, as follows:

Guido Hopp takes the Gold this month (5 Points) with his continued success in progression of this amazing display...Fabulous work, mate!

The Silver (3 points) will fall to Peter Fulgoney with his super-detailing work on his equally amazing build, Peter, nicely done!

Dade Bell takes both the Bronze (1 point) and my personal "eye-fatigue" award for his super work on those tiny guns...Bravo, Dade!

A GREAT job by all, mates, thanks for your continued participation and hard work, Keep Modeling!
~Gunny

Guido Hopp (5 Points) The camo is fantastic, the fake wakes even confused me and I knew what they were there. Your Display is top notch as well.

Peter Fulgoney (3 points) Another great month getting all those little details just so.

Dade Bell (1 point) Those tiny guns look great.

Jim A.

5 points to Guido Hopp (Tailor)
Guido, wonderful work. Great idea for the port hole rain guards. I also like the wood work.

3 points to Peter Fulgoney (Peter F)
Peter, more nice photo etch work.

1 point to Dade Bell (Karybdis)
Dade, great work on some tee tiny guns and barrels.

Kenny

And here are the votes from Portugal:

5 points to Guido Hopp's 1/350 DKM Leipzig
Guido continued the water base and great presentation of the model. Great planning of all stages, great workmanship.
Also the painting of the Leipzig camouflage is a great tutorial for all skilled ship modelers. Of note is the tedious but rewarding job of making and applying all the portholes eyebrows.
Congratulations Guido

3 points to Peter Fulgoney's 1/700 Georgios Averoff
A little set back, but with a big heart, Peter managed to destroy and repair the railings.
Again, attention to ultimate detail, is making this model a serious contender to future events.
The coloring of the railings route-lines is a plus. Also of note is the scratchbuilding of the tripod masts and aft platform. Nice touch on the small guns barrels, showing that even a great modeler hears comments and remarks, as usual, if they are constructive and positive!
Congratulations Peter

1 poinst to Dade W. Bell's 1/700 IJN Hiryu
Dade took the PE plunge on the most difficult and tedious job (for me!!) tackling all those 25mm triples and double guns. Small result for a big task, but surely will pay-off in the looks of the finished Hiryu. Good care and attention to detail on other gun platforms, so that the end result is leveled amongst all weapons.
Congratulations Dade

Rui

5 pts... Guido Hopp's 1/350 DKM Leipzig

Fantastic work! Lovely presentation on the base and the ship, the camo is stunning!

3 pts... Dade W. Bell's 1/700 IJN Hiryu

Great deal of painstaking work on those PE guns, the brass barrels are a nice (inexpensive) touch

1 pt... Peter Fulgoney's 1/700 Georgios Averoff

Admirable of you to backtrack, but painful to watch all that PE railing coming off the ship! The brass tripod masts look great.

Honourable mentions to Barry and Jacob, good work and nice presentations, keep up the good work!

Frank
 _GOTOTOP