_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
Revell USS Arizona 1/426 scale
Sammuel
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 200 posts
Model Shipwrights: 95 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 09:39 AM UTC
Group;

Just came back from the local hobby shop and picked up the USS Arizona 1/426 scale.

I have two other projects on my bench, since I just started getting back into it. I'm working on my skills and they are coming along. I wont get to this kit for at least a month, so I will put it aside and do research on it while completing my other two builds.

I looked at the kit and what I could see it was molded ok and the parts look pretty clean.

I did notice that the side railing was molded as part of the hull and the kit is very basic with no PE parts.

Any leads on making the kit better and were I can find PE parts for this kit would be great.

Thank you for your help and hope to have some photos up soon of projects I'm completing.

Sam
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 10:08 AM UTC
There's an extensive and well-written how-to on building an Arizona by Charles Landrum over at www.rollmodels.net. Although it's on the Trumpeter 1:350 kit, the old Revell kit is practically a kissing cousin in layout and detail. There are also PE sets in this odd scale for the Arizona.

--Karl
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 10:17 AM UTC
For PE try tomsmodelworks.com and goldmm.com
Sammuel
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 200 posts