_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
Ships Models at Nuremberg
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 846 posts
Model Shipwrights: 740 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 12:50 PM UTC
I figured instead of having a thousand different subjects for one show, I would just post the shots here. This will also hopefully keep everybody from trying to "scoop" everybody else since we're all looking at the same pictures!

So first, Academy's Graf Spee:

Airfix Illustrious (Thanks Dave):

Lindberg I-53:

Everything on Prime Portal can be found HERE

AFV Club's U-Boat

Also check the following for more stuff-- it's dinner time so I can't post shots anymore.
http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2009/Nuernberg_2009.html

Please post any other pics that aren't already on Prime Portal here as it's getting kinda hard to keep up with all of these different topics for the same show and none of us wanna miss anything.
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 03:17 PM UTC
Okay, so back to photos... Here's the 1/144 Bismarck...

Lindberg Graf Zeppelin box...

Another shot of the I-53

Revell of Germany products (self explanatory)

(I really want this...)

Tamiya 1/350 Mogami

That's all for now!
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Model Shipwrights: 985 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 07:54 PM UTC
The AFV type VII in 1:350 sports a cunningtower - thats a new novelty for us subbuilders - waterline option too, and looking very detailed for the scale - sweet.

I have allso seen pictures, apparently take at the MPM/CMK stand showing a new german 1:72 crew lined up on the deck of what appears to be a waterline type VII resin hull - wonder if they have a "B" in the line for us ?

I cant comment on the accuracy of that Lindberg sub - too bad they didn´t put a little more effort into assembly and painting, it would sell much better ... - thats one ugly sub - might have to get one

Apparently no sighting of Airfix´s Type XXIII in 1:72 - it should be comming out in a few months according to ealier news.
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 05:23 AM UTC
Yeah, the "weathering" on the I-53 made me cringe too. Especially that rust!

Here's the I-20, it looks better, but I think this is maybe weathered a bit too much!

Overall, they look pretty accurate, but I'll have to wait until I (or somebody else) have one in hand to get a better idea...

Speaking of figures for the Type VII, there's some talk that AFV Club's sister, Hobby Fan are making figures.
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Model Shipwrights: 985 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 06:03 AM UTC
I was thinking if thish should not be a CMK issue - picture is from IPMS-Germany http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2009/Bilder/Arndt/slides/Nbg09_AT_016.html - now, whats most interesting is the waterlinen resin hull they are standing on.

Cheers/Jan
JMartine
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,514 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 06:21 AM UTC
Revell re-issuing the Charles Morgan, a ship close to my heart as its close to where I live. Currently at the end of a year-long fixing, cant wait to travel to Mystic, CT this Spring/summer for another visit.
Quincy
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 99 posts
Model Shipwrights: 97 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 01:17 PM UTC
The I-53 looks too stubby judging by the pictures. It lacks the gracefulness of this big class of submarines. The I-20 looks better, but its hard to tell without the said kits in hand.

Bob Pink.
 _GOTOTOP