_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Italeri New 1/35 Scale Releases 2009
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 01:50 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

i haven't seen these mentioned yet but I noticed three releases over on PMMS that might be of interest. All 1/35 Scale

5607 Schnellboot Crew (May)

5608 M.A.S 568 4a serie (October)

5609 Biber Midget Submarine (December)

Al
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,423 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 11:30 AM UTC
hello Alan,
thanks for the news.long time no hear from you,hope all's well with you and your family.
any new updates about your huge Landing Craft build?
cheers,
Bruce
pimpdogbert
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 131 posts
Model Shipwrights: 33 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 12:14 PM UTC
WoW a plastic Biber how cool is that!!! So much better than the one realeased by Verlinden so many years ago. I cant wait for this one too come out! Thanks for the heads up.
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 03:47 AM UTC
Hi Bruce,

Yes, been a while since I posted here. I'm fine thanks, life is treating me not too badly, very busy at work though.

Not a lot to report on the dios. On Pier 51 I did finish the loads for the Bedford Trucks and have a selection of water products on route to experiment with. On the Nan Red project I also got the troops on 2 of the LC done. I'm fairly sure I posted those upadtes. Not as much free time I I used to have but moving along slowly.

Once I have played about with the 'water' I'll be in a better position to start the build proper. On the Pier dio as it has grown somewhat since conception I shall have to build it in sections that slot together otherwise I wouldf never be abel to move it lol, lol.

Good to see Italeri still coming up wtht new 1/35 watery things.

Did you see the stuff from Royal Models, just great for the PT Boat.

Hope all is well with you too, If I have anything of interest to post I will.

Cheers

Al
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 10:23 AM UTC
Hi Al

Thanks very much for the update on these provisional Italeri releases for 2009. Much appreciated.

That appears to be the most information to hand thus far on these items.

Rest assured this news reporter will get a further update out for the members as soon as more information comes to hand.

I have noted that many shops/suppliers are taking pre-orders now but detailed information/images does not appear to be freely available.

Plus thanks for the update on your mighty dio. Love to see it finished.

Work sure can get in the way of the hobbies for sure.

Cheers

Sean
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 06:08 PM UTC
Hi Sean,

It's nice to see Italeri continuing to bring out some boats and subs in 1/35. Who know's if I wait another year they might produce an X Craft in 1/35

Al
liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Model Shipwrights: 93 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 06:58 PM UTC
hi allan..hi everyone, just a thought...if they're asking us for an idea..i've got one. how about an LCAC on a 1:35 scale. with inflatable rubber parts...can be positioned loading/unloading equipments or in travel mode on land or sea. any brand just as long as it is 1:35 scale. well if they (other manufacturer) can released a DORA...why not an LCAC. imagine what you can do with an LCAC...just an idea. oh well might as well wait for their releases. cheers all. ed
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,244 posts
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 - 12:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Sean,

It's nice to see Italeri continuing to bring out some boats and subs in 1/35. Who know's if I wait another year they might produce an X Craft in 1/35

Al

Hello Alan, I agree with you, not a big fan of the Biber, but one of the X-Craft in 1/35 (that doesn't cost as much as a resin one), that I could really go for. It would involve much begging and pleading to SWMBO, but it would be worth it. Al
 _GOTOTOP