_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Zvezda Varyag
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Model Shipwrights: 409 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 03:24 AM UTC
I am in Canada , and purchased last year a copy of Zvezdas Varyag cruiser. Upon opening the kit I found that the "C"sprue was missing ...I returned it and was told that all kits sent to Canada had been missing this sprue.. I would like to obtain this kit as I have the Gold Medal photo etch set for it ...does anyone know if this is a common problem and if I order this kit mail order from someone will I run into the same problem? Id like to get the kit in case they cease production of it ..
Tailor
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,168 posts
Model Shipwrights: 676 posts
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2009 - 04:24 AM UTC
Hi, Jim!
I have two of those kits and did (AFAIK) not have any problems here, getting the kits from European wholesale. Now I hold the second kit as a parts donor. I'll check, if I can spare the C sprue of one of them tonight. If I can you you may go ahead and buy the next best kit: If C sprue will still be missing. I will send you mine.
Please check this posting later tonight.
Cheers,
Guido
Tailor
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,168 posts
Model Shipwrights: 676 posts
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2009 - 06:33 AM UTC
Hi, Jim!
Sorry to inform, that I have already stripped a good portion of the spare C sprue.
Guido
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,423 posts
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2009 - 09:52 AM UTC
hello Jim,
it you want,i can buy it for you check that it is complete and the ship it to you.just let me know where to get it.
cheers,
Bruce
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Model Shipwrights: 934 posts
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2009 - 01:24 PM UTC
Hi Jim,

I think someone is yanking your chain about the Canadian/missing sprue mystery!! I bought this kit about 3 years ago, and I'm pretty sure it came with all the sprues. I'm not home right now, but will confirm this the moment I step through the front door on Wed. night.

Frank
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Model Shipwrights: 409 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 12:43 AM UTC
Thats a bit upsetting about the missing sprue joke. I wont say who said this to me, but I will say he is a proprieter and Im not the only customer that was told this. I have been assisted by Harry at Battlefleet models and am awaiting his instructions on how to get some cash his way. Thanks everyone for your genorous assistance, and Ill be sure to inform my fellow misinformed modeller of the good news, as we were both dissapointed at the prospect of possibly not getting the kit.
Yes Frank,please check your kit for that sprue cause I didnt notice at first either.. I was "playing " with my kits one day and happened to notice about a month later ..(good lesson there to never assume)
mvfrog
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 369 posts
Model Shipwrights: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 07:02 AM UTC
I got mine from Totalnavy.com, and is in good shape and complete. Try there. I would be glad to help any way that I can.

Matt
 _GOTOTOP