_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Hasegawa 1/700 IJN Nachi
UNITEDSTATESNAVY
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 243 posts
Model Shipwrights: 25 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 06:04 AM UTC
This will be my first ship build...received as a birthday gift today very curious about why there are two identical small packs of plastic parts containing planes motor boats Ect, why? looking at the deck of this ship I am trying to figure out how to paint or airbrush all the details that are not deck brown....wow! how am I going to mask such small parts I do have some experience with ww2 aircraft and am looking forward to learning about warships.I have ordered some very thin Jammydog masking tape that is as wide as .5 mm, I have a high quality airbrush and compressor.Any reccomendations on tutorials?
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Model Shipwrights: 985 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 06:47 AM UTC
Wellcome aboard mate. I will suggest that you trawl trough this tread http://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/forums/122939&page=1

Theres huge amounts of inspiration and techniques to learn from!

Cheers/Jan
DMcGillavry
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 104 posts
Model Shipwrights: 102 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 07:18 PM UTC
Hello Dave,

Quoted Text

This will be my first ship build...received as a birthday gift today very curious about why there are two identical small packs of plastic parts containing planes motor boats Ect, why?

They are bit better substitute accessorie parts given for parts in kits trees. Those are standart accessory trees, you can met same in all brands in 1/700 scale.

:| looking at the deck of this ship I am trying to figure out how to paint or airbrush all the details that are not deck brown....wow! how am I going to mask such small parts

Yep, just mask them.

I do have some experience with ww2 aircraft and am looking forward to learning about warships.

Well, same here

I have ordered some very thin Jammydog masking tape that is as wide as .5 mm,

Aizu has some more thinner. Please check www.hlj.com

I have a high quality airbrush and compressor.Any reccomendations on tutorials?
Thats great. You will see benefits of that.

Cheers
 _GOTOTOP