_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Anybody Here Dealt With Starfighter Decals?
sanfranfan
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 41 posts
Model Shipwrights: 36 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2009 - 01:24 AM UTC
How are they for ordering online? I went to their site the other day to order some decals for the old Monogram 1/500 Albany/Columbus Guided Missile Cruisers and it seemed that even though they link up with PayPal, the personal information used to complete and place the order is being sent unencrypted. The little gold padlock did not appear at any point when I was filling out the online order form so I am reticent to complete the transaction.

When I contacted Mark and asked if he could provide me with a total and an email address to remit to so I could do the transaction from my PayPal account directly he said I should order thru his website. I don't feel comfortable sending sensitive info over the internet unencrypted.

mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,331 posts
Model Shipwrights: 65 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2009 - 02:11 AM UTC
I've ordered from them twice, thru their website, and had no problems. They have a great product, and are quick and friendly. I didn't notice that the website was unencrypted, but if you use a credit card option thru PayPal, which I do, you have the card company and PayPal behind you if you have troubles. And, as I said, I've had none with StarFighter.

Cheers,
Mike
sanfranfan
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 41 posts
Model Shipwrights: 36 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2009 - 02:28 AM UTC
Thanks Mike. I appreciate the quick response.

I've polled a few ppl, both here and on Steelnavy and apparently there are no problems ordering thru Starfighter. I have become very wary of financial dealings over the internet and feel somewhat uncomfortable when a site is unencrypted however, I need the decals, so here goes.

Cheers.

Bill

Quoted Text

I've ordered from them twice, thru their website, and had no problems. They have a great product, and are quick and friendly. I didn't notice that the website was unencrypted, but if you use a credit card option thru PayPal, which I do, you have the card company and PayPal behind you if you have troubles. And, as I said, I've had none with StarFighter.

Cheers,
Mike

_GOTOTOP