_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
WW2 aircraft catapult Pics/Diagrams
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Model Shipwrights: 409 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 - 08:27 AM UTC
Hi Guys
I am thinking of doing a catapult under a floatplane...does anyone have any schematics or good pics of there to post?
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 - 06:48 AM UTC
Hi Jim!

Do you have a particular ship/aircraft set in mind?

--Karl
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 - 11:37 AM UTC
Hey Karl!..long time between posts!!!!My bad ...Iv been modelling,but also trying to get some work ....and cash....
Im actually going to be doing Azures kit of the Loire 130M in 1:48. Its a flying boat similar to the walrus..circa 1939, and I believe she sat on 3 major French battleships and one cruiser. according to the boxart ..it looked like a fairly permanent type of rig she sat on
BTW ..if anyone is interested in Flying boats ..I STRONGLY recommend this kit! Its quality is rather high ..and it has RIVETS!!
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 05:19 AM UTC
Hi Jim!

French Navy, eh? Well, internet photos would be a good place to start. Perhaps our friends across the briny could help on where drawings could be found.

As for seaplanes/flying boats, I wish Fonderie would get their 1:48 Sunderland out.

--Karl
JayTDee
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 118 posts
Model Shipwrights: 117 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 05:34 AM UTC
The French Navy archives would be a good place to start, but they seem to be down. Pity.
mvfrog
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 369 posts
Model Shipwrights: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 08:54 AM UTC
The United States Navy has an archive. I believe it is connected with Annapolis...The United States Naval Academy. I had a friend who worked in the White House for George Bush (41), and he told me about it when I wanted to build the same project. Also check fo r a U.S. Navy Archive as part of the Smithsonian National History Museum because they have some beautiful ship models there. One of the curators might have some resources for you. they are pretty friendly, because I had a modeling question (aircraft) and posed it to the Air & Space Museum, and the director answered my email the next day (he started out by saying "I'm a modeler, too..." and gave me some very helpful information and sites for further answers. Try them. Good people like to share good information and experience.If I find anything further, I'll post.

Matt

Google: U.S. Naval Historical Center (The results are very good, and too numerous to list)
Also; go to www.navsource.org lots of categories; go to battleships, lots of photos, drawings, etc. Particularly, go to USS Arizona and pay your respects; wonderful photos of ship, crew, families, etc.
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 - 01:22 AM UTC
thanks guys!
Removed by original poster on 05/06/09 - 12:31:45 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP