_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Haruna wooden deck.does shinsengumi make one?
silent-one
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 86 posts
Model Shipwrights: 70 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 08:43 PM UTC
Im getting a 350 scale Fujimi Haruna. Can someone tell me what my options are for a wooden deck.Shinsengumi make a Kongo deck but I cant spot a Shinsengumi one for Haruna. Are they interchangeable?

In photo etch I also see 2 sets for Kongo but only one for Haruna Any advice there?
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 846 posts
Model Shipwrights: 740 posts
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 - 04:23 AM UTC
Hi Allen, due to some of the fittings, structures, etc., the decks of the Kongo and Haruna are not interchangeable. I'm unsure if Shinsengumi will be making a deck for it, but Fujimi itself makes a deck. I'm not sure if it will be up to Shinsengumi's quality, but from the pictures, it looks nice. Otherwise, you may have to wait and see.

http://www.hwjapan.com/sh/FUJ11168.aspx

Even though there is only one PE set for the Haruna, it is all-inclusive, so if you want to go the Fujimi PE route, you only need the one.

http://www.hwjapan.com/sh/FUJ11166.aspx

However, considering how obnoxious the Fujimi PE for the Kongo was (bad construction, too thin), I would approach their PE for the Haruna with caution. They may have learned their lesson and made it better than the Kongo's, just as the Haruna itself is a better model than the Kongo, but be careful. If you're willing to wait a bit longer, the aftermarket will likely be stepping up. GMM's generic IJN BB set is already pretty nice...
silent-one
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 86 posts
Model Shipwrights: 70 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2009 - 01:59 AM UTC
Thanks for that just too many options. Wait for further after market options or go with the current ones. GRRR
 _GOTOTOP