_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
Burke Color
sneakypete
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Pacific, United States
KitMaker: 149 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 04:41 AM UTC
Hi all,

I am dipping my toe in the world of Naval building since I mostly do ground and rotory-wing stuff. I tried looking around and havnt come up with anything. I am looking for the correct colors for the USS Preble DDG-88. I looked at the pics and it seems the hull is a different from the deck. Some pics show the Tower is different from the hull and the radar. I would like to do the current colors if there is a difference.

So if anyone has a good color match so I can order the paint the same time as the model that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Dan the land lubber
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 06:08 AM UTC
Dan,

Welcome to MSW.

The entire hull is one color, haze grey. The decks are a different color, deck grey. The radar panels are a different color, and I cannot recall those at this time.

Some times the pictures taken at different angles can make the mast look darker. DDG’s did at one time have their upper masts painted black, but that changed in the early 1990’s.

If you need any help with your build give a shout and we will see what we can find for you.

sneakypete
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Pacific, United States
KitMaker: 149 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 07:24 AM UTC
Jim,
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Dan
Visit this Community
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 398 posts
Model Shipwrights: 292 posts
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 - 11:03 PM UTC
We have modern USN Haze Gray and Deck Gray (and modern USN Antifouling Red) accurately matched and available in our Colourcoats enamels, and we ship worldwide.
 _GOTOTOP