_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
POLL
Cammetts Customer Feedback
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 10:06 AM UTC
Ahoy Shipmates,

With the very strong interest in these forums in the new update sets, Robin Carpenter from Cammetts thinks there is even greater scope for further collaboration between this forum and himself to identify items that would improve the overall kitset.

He has asked if he can get feedback on the idea of producing a detailed engine for the S-boat that can be built as a stand-alone feature to sit next to the finished boat in a display setting.

This is just one of the current ideas being kicked around and if you could vote on this and perhaps any others you would like to see he would be grateful.

In addition if you have any details or corrections that would make the current updates more accurate please also feel free to email them in.

Please feel free to discuss the pro's and con's of what is being suggested here about a detailed engine.

Please support this collaboration by placing your vote in a reply in this thread, again here is your chance to have your voice heard!

Thanks.

Sean
mcdurd
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 121 posts
Model Shipwrights: 105 posts
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 - 12:20 AM UTC
Hello Sean -

I have already finished mine, but I would purchase one of these, it would make a great addition to the display case. It should have some sort of stand.

The Cammetts products that I have used have been of excellent quality.

Chris
Robert75013
Visit this Community
Paris, France
KitMaker: 242 posts
Model Shipwrights: 240 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 06:14 AM UTC
Trying to make the external of the ship look correct is already time and money consuming.

So -- and I speak for myself here -- I wouldn't think of bothering with the inside, Sean and Robin...

But a set of long and curved racks for the mines (among many other outside parts) would get definitively a GO!

Robert
herrmill
Visit this Community
Zhejiang, China / 简体
KitMaker: 67 posts
Model Shipwrights: 58 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 03:28 PM UTC
No interest in an engine, but am eagerly awaiting the planned S-38 mid conversion. Any idea when?
 _GOTOTOP