_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Creating a local IPMS Website
ajkochev
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 246 posts
Model Shipwrights: 221 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 09:07 AM UTC
I'm thinking about offering to create and update our local IPMS club website. It is very simple and does not get updated very often. I think that the reason that it is this way is a lack of interest in doing it on a regular basis. I don't want to approach the club directly yet because they'd jump on the offer and likely vote me to do it in a heartbeat. I'd like to know a bit more from those who have done it or are doing it before I commit to it. I'd be using Frontpage 2003 to make the site becuase I own it and know howto use it. I've never designed a website in anything else, but would be open to suggestions. The site would not be strictly ships I might consider a forum area if the software were free and easy to work with. Are there any rules about using the IPMS name on the website? Any cool local club IPMS websites out there were I can get ideas from? Any help would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 09:57 AM UTC
Hey Anthony,

I'm the webmaster for our local IPMS club as well as my Gator's Masks site. When redesigning our site, I asked other club web masters for suggestions and advice. You'll find that most of them are willing to help. Also, go to the IPMS/USA website and start looking at what other people have done. It's a great way to get ideas on how you want yours to look. The main thing is to keep it easy to navigate.

Here's our site. IPMS/SWAMP

Kenny
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 11:36 AM UTC
Here's a great IPMS website:
New Jersey I.P.M.S.