_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
SLC Maiale
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,244 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 05:14 AM UTC
Hi everybody,

I think it's about time I posted some pictures of my work. This is the Italieri SLC Maiale in 1/35 scale. The base is scratch built and I made a few small modifications to the instrument panel. I also added some dings and dents to the front pilot's coaming. Otherwise it is pretty much box stock.

Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 12:53 PM UTC
Wonderful work. Bravo zulu!
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 04:19 PM UTC
Hi Kenny, thank you for your compliment. Al
JMartine
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,514 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 - 12:09 AM UTC
great job all around.. I like the base; great job on the figures too... thanks for sharing!
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2009 - 02:15 PM UTC
Thank you James, the base started out as a clear plastic photo display box. I turned it upside down and built up the dock with sheet styrene and various shapes and tubing from Evergreen. The stone work was made from rectangles of styrene carved around the edges and beat up with a Dremel tool. The cobble stones are dried split peas. I glued them down with a thick white glue from a craft store. I read about the technique and decided to try it out. You have to be careful not to wet the peas too much or they get soft and expand. The few that did were easy to replace. I primed them and then painted them.The water is casting resin and "Water Effects" from Woodland Scenics. The crates are from Armand Bayardi. I really like the quality of his products, the detail is sharp, there are no air bubbles and almost no pour stub, and his prices are pretty reasonable(sorry if I sound like a commercial). Al
 _GOTOTOP