_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
Fishing Boat Hull L/F
Gulf11
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 290 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 09:45 AM UTC
Hi All;

I need some help in locating a suitable hull for an upcoming project.
I plan on building a 1/35 model of a Baltic Fishing Schooner (powered) which was used by the LRDG in the Med.

I need a hull with a flat transom and a slightly upswept bow. It needs to be between 11" and 14" inches in length and 4 inches at it's widest near the middle of the boat. The depth I can deal with with using a waterline display if neccessary. Ideally I would like to have something that I can display whole though.

I know this is kinda open for translation but after trolling the internet the last two weeks I can't find anything suitable in the way of pictures.
I've added a picture of the boat I wish to model for reference below.

Any help in locating suitable plans or even a hull I can convert would be appreciated.

Sean
[email protected]
niart17
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 76 posts
Model Shipwrights: 52 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 11:55 AM UTC
man, that must be some serious fish they catch with that thing what with all them guns mounted on it. (sorry, couldn't resist the joke)

i don't know much in the way of boats, but i can't think of any model that could be converted. that's a pretty distinctive looking hull. it looks like a miniature battleship hull, but it's much wider than those that i've seen. perhaps one of the coast gaurd boats? i'll search around and see if something catches my eye.

i'd be very interested in seeing what you come up with. post progress once you get going.

Bill
casper
Visit this Community
Nelson, New Zealand
KitMaker: 395 posts
Model Shipwrights: 12 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 10:18 PM UTC
Sean,
Have a hunt around these sites - there may be something of use, from memory Artesania made a couple of Med style fishing boats, anyways here's the links:
http://www.billingboats.com/
http://www.artesanialatina.net/listado1.php?s=4
HTH.
 _GOTOTOP