These topics dealing with buidling bases and water effects are grouped together
New Tamiya naval base
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 - 06:19 AM UTC
I have never seen or heard about this, especially in 1-700, if someone could please let me know anything about this, where to buy, how much and so on, love to hear about it, for those that love the 1-700 please remember not to dribble to much over the keyboard of your computer.
10098841a
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 - 07:12 AM UTC
Alec,

That is the fist I have seen it. But, it does look nice. I might just have look into this one.

Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 - 08:29 AM UTC
I'm really not into 1/700 anymore, fingers too fat and eyes too poor, but this looks like it could be fun. Structures like this are probably pretty much the same world wide, so they could be used with any nations ships. I think somebody could make a real eye catching, and award winning, diorama with this set and a couple of ships.
bigal07
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 - 10:26 AM UTC
Sorry to jump in here people, the question is - is this for real ? 6800 Yen about 48 pound in English, no one anywhere has seen it or knows about it, this is suppose to be by Tamiya so its go tto be good, everytime I log this info onto my computer, it comes up with nothing, which odd to say the lease strange, everything is in 1-700 scale, and believe be, on this scale looking at the pix, this is to good to be true, or is it ?
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 - 09:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

this is suppose to be by Tamiya so its go tto be good,

I'm not too sure about that. Look at the logos, Aoshima, Tamiya, Hasegawa, and that other one that looks like a plane, I don't know what that one is. I searched for "dock" on Hobby Link Japan and found a listing for a Fujimi kit at 2000 yen that was that girder structure in the center of your set.

http://www.hlj.com/product/FUJ43088

It gives the following discription.

"This is an intricate model of a drydock assembly, first released in Fujimi's 2003 "Gohten-Go (Atragon) in Dock" kit release (linked below). Designed for the sci-fi super-sub Atragon (also linked below!), this drydock will still look plenty authentic for just about any 1/700 ship model (ship models are not included!). Although the shorter cranes feature detailed open latticework, the larger cranes, stanchions, and other latticed portions of the framework are molded as solid pieces (no open latticework). Clear parts are included for floodlight details. The base measures 298mm x 140mm, with no measurement given for overall height."

The set you show may be a set made from a number of manufacturers.

bigal07
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 - 10:41 PM UTC
[email protected]
Secure Online Ordering.

Darn it !
I just had a feeling this was to good to be true, the dock yard indeed is for sale from Antics priced at £32.50, it doesn't clearing describe or tell you what you're actually getting for that amount of money, from the build, everything is in plastic not photoetch, and for £32.50 I for one would want something better then cheep looking cross-members.
Many thanks for finding out the info, although very disappointed that this (the original pix) is not being released to buy, and having looked at it with a clear head and not an excited one, it does look like several pieces from different companies, oh well, never mind,
 _GOTOTOP