_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling: Super-detailing
Topics on photo-etch, metal-parts, and all types of additional detailing.
1/200 scale ship detail fittings
lancer525
KitMaker: 11 posts
Model Shipwrights: 10 posts
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 - 07:09 AM UTC
As much as I don't like saying it, I'm rather stumped...

I am having the darndest time finding detailing accessories for my Battleship! I am scratch building, and I need everything from bollards to 5" twin mounts, 20 mm Oerlikons, 40mm Bofors, antennas, vent covers, hatches, railings, and you name it. They don't even have to be specific to one particular ship, or even class of ships. And if I can find 1/200 scale officers and men, that would be the bomb diggity!

All I keep finding is 1/192 stuff, and not much of that.

Can I get a hand from the crew in finding links sources for anything and everything related to 1/200 scale warship fittings?

Thanks!
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 - 07:45 AM UTC
Hi Lancer

Here's a link for what I know...

Tom's ModelWorks 1/200 PE sets (there are also some in 1/192)

Hope this helps
Cheers,
Rui

EDIT: for figurines you can try and find architectural figurines in 1/200 scale... the brand is called SCHULCZ (Arquitect models). You just have to discard the ladies and paint the man in uniform
Example
lancer525
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 - 11:30 PM UTC
Cool link about the figurines!

Thanks, and keep em comin, mates!
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 06:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

EDIT: for figurines you can try and find architectural figurines in 1/200 scale... the brand is called SCHULCZ (Arquitect models). You just have to discard the ladies and paint the man in uniform
Example

Actually, I've found that female figures in those ship scales are useful for being viewed through bridge windows or squeezed in between a gun tub and mount as part of a gun crew where the costume or anatomical differences would not be apparent--this frees up the male figures for elsewhere and gives you more mileage for your figure set purchase.

--Karl
lancer525
Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2009 - 01:45 AM UTC
Great idea Karl!

Although, in this man's Navy, they are letting the ladies serve aboard warships.

I think I'm going to outfit the vessel, when I get to that point, as if it were 1946.

Keep the sources for 1/200 coming, gang!

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Example

Actually, I've found that female figures in those ship scales are useful for being viewed through bridge windows or squeezed in between a gun tub and mount as part of a gun crew where the costume or anatomical differences would not be apparent--this frees up the male figures for elsewhere and gives you more mileage for your figure set purchase.

--Karl

_GOTOTOP