_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Hi Guys - again
Karoljak
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14 posts
Model Shipwrights: 11 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 02:05 AM UTC
Hello there shipmates

I thought I'd post a short item to introduce myself, once again...

I used to post here under the moniker HippityHop. Whilst I remain a Talking Heads/ TomTom Club fan, I'm pleased to say I won't be using that mildly ridiculous name again...

Anyhoo, after a particularly busy spell in terms of my professional life, home renovations (or should that be home rebuilding) and a lengthy spell visiting the out-laws in Queensland, I'm finally finding some time for my new love; (war)ship modelling.

I'm hoping to post some photos of my latest build, the DKM Graf Spee in 1/720, in the coming weeks. If there's interest, I'd also like to submit some pics of the River class frigate HMAS Diamantina, which is preserved in Brisbane's historic dry dock as part of the Queensland Maritime Museum.

Cheers for now

Karol
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 07:12 AM UTC
Welcome back Karol.
Karoljak
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14 posts
Model Shipwrights: 11 posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 06:32 AM UTC
Thanks Rodger

I'm very hopeful that I'll be hanging around here on a much more regular basis now - and contributing to boot.

The Graf Spee's in its final build stages (AAA and rigging), and will be probably be followed by a Cushing and Juneau dio, then I've got HM ships Triumph and Hood. I'm really looking forward to the mighty 'ood (all in 1/700).

Cheers

Karol
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 07:23 AM UTC
Karol,

Well, welcome back. Looking forward to seeing your Graf Spee when she is finished.

_GOTOTOP