_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Destroyers
This forum covers all types of destroyers from all eras.
Recommendation for 1/144 Fletcher photoetch
Wingster1974
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 15 posts
Model Shipwrights: 13 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 07:46 AM UTC
Hey out there...anybody doing a Fletcher in 1/144?.... as if.....I am going to start as soon as I get my photo etch....the real question is ..anybody have any real recommendations on either the Eduard or the the Nautilus brand? I am an experienced builder and have worked with photoetch, so no problem there. i would just like an educated recommendation between the two! Thanks!
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 07:47 AM UTC
As far as I know, Nautilus Models is the only one offering pe for this kit right now.
eggzilla
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 - 09:19 AM UTC
Buy both! Each has it's own set of detailed parts and there is little duplication. I have both sets for my build. I just went through the instructions and color coded what I had from each set. The Eduard set appears to have more but the Nautilus set has what it doesn't. I actually prefer the Nautilus set because it is brass and can be soldered where the Eduard set is not. Goos luck!

Keith
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,301 posts
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 - 06:02 PM UTC
I bought the Eduard set. The instructions for their set can be downloaded from Eduard's website so you check for yourself what it includes, ( but you knew that of course). The etch frets seem thicker than the usual Eduards PE and as usual is finely detailed and crispy nice to look at. I am not too worried about not being able to solder the pieces as Kenny's Gator glue works wonders. Haven't started my Fletcher yet and I have no idea what the Nautilus set includes. Just my 2 cents.
cheers,
Julian
 _GOTOTOP