_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
SITE
Subject-Site Content and YOU!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 12:03 AM UTC
Ahoy, mates!

Well, it's a new year at MSW, and I'm looking forward to spending it with all of our members, our plank owners, as well as welcoming on many new members to our community...we had a great year in ship modeling in 2009, with many new great kits that were released for us, in all scales and types!

I want to take this opportunity to remind all of our members, that the KitMaker Network is a member driven entity...which basically means, we as staff members want you to share any and all of your model builds, techniques, features, etc.....

Want to contribute to MSW? Have a favorite build that you would like to see in a "Model On Display" feature, or a new kit that you would like to review?...or would you like to be considered as part of our Review Team?

How about having a full build feature, or a "Step-by-Step" how-to tutorial of your own personal work published?

Submitting content to MSW is easy and fun! Simply click on the link and send in your work! If you need help in any way, just let us know and we'll walk you through it...don't be shy, jump in and be a part of YOUR website!

e-mail here!

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
~Gunny
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 - 07:23 AM UTC
Hi Gunny, I've been working on a couple of Maru's and would love to share these on the site, the problem I have, I am rubbish with a computer and honestly find the most basic of things quite difficult to do, the part where you open a thread, write a few words and post a few photo's - I've got that down to a Tee, but for submitting to the gallery and "Model On Display, that's a little over my head, I'm not sure if I have mentioned this in the past, but I've ever owned a computer for about 3 years, and in that time, I have now crashed it a total of 4 times.
Almost forgot to add - the part on your thread where it says email, I click on, get to the screen where it will tell me 'do you trust this site' click onto that, and nothing, that's why I chose to use the usual reply box.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 05:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Gunny, I've been working on a couple of Maru's and would love to share these on the site, the problem I have, I am rubbish with a computer and honestly find the most basic of things quite difficult to do, the part where you open a thread, write a few words and post a few photo's - I've got that down to a Tee, but for submitting to the gallery and "Model On Display, that's a little over my head, I'm not sure if I have mentioned this in the past, but I've ever owned a computer for about 3 years, and in that time, I have now crashed it a total of 4 times.

Hi Alec!
Computer literacy and submitting to MSW is no issue, mate...all you have to do is to send me your digital images, along with supporting text in an e-mail, and I'll take care of the rest, my friend!!

Quoted Text

Almost forgot to add - the part on your thread where it says email, I click on, get to the screen where it will tell me 'do you trust this site' click onto that, and nothing, that's why I chose to use the usual reply box.

That's quite odd, mate...it should take you to your default e-mail server (yahoo, msn mail, google mail, etc.)...How about this link?

This should take you to our Staff page, with my e-mail under my bio...if you need any help submitting, please feel free to ask!

Cheers,
~Gunny
bigal07
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 08:51 AM UTC
Hello Gunny, I haven't forgot about those photo's of my Maru, problem being, I've crashed my computer again, 4th time now, a little fed-up you could say, my provider with fingers crossed will be able to sort this out on the 25th of this month.
Basically on my computer I actually share it with my wife and son, with my 3rd I can't even log in or change anything whatsoever, the last time this happened I managed to save files and delete the whole admin site and give myself a new profile, the only thing I can think of why this has happened again is that on those saved profiles, there must have been worms, trojans or whatever they are called, so I'm using the wife's 3rd.
Well, roll on the 25th.
bigal07
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2010 - 11:23 PM UTC
Hello Gunny - I noticed this site uses the system that for whatever reason there might be, doesn't recognize, and any attempt at sending email, photographs are automatically sent back, like a boomarang 'failed message' or 'unable to send - there was a problem' is there another address that I can use ?
When I write a thread on the site, to send a photo I have to first download that to my Flickr site, from there copy and paste and post 1 (one) photo at a time onto the thread, please see below.
Maru shipping 002
And this is the only way that I know of, of posting photo's onto the site, and I am not being funny when I say my knowledge of computers is crap, this is the 4th time, and fingers croassed, the last time I crash my computer.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2010 - 01:44 AM UTC
Al, I am going to pm you another e-mail addy to try, mate...check your inbox!
 _GOTOTOP