Topics on building dioramas are grouped here
which IJN Kirishima is best ?
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 05:45 AM UTC
Hello there, Fujimi battleship 1-700 Kirishima for about £7.00 which looks fine basically nothing that a little photoetch here and there wouldn't make good, then as you do, back on ebay only to discover the same (type and scale only) battleship by Hasegawa for almost £30.00.
While I could buy 4 at the Fujimi price I am wondering if Hasegawa's no PE set just straight plastic kit which is quite old worth all that extra money, I guess this thread is aimed at the people that have actually brought and built both models from both of this model producers.
I have the Fujimi kit, the instructions are good, the parts build easily and the whole thing is a basic platform for PE and a little TLC in the paint department, but Hasegawa ? I have other old kits by these people and most certainly not impressed which has alarm bells ringing with this Kirishima kit.
Look forward to your reply.
potchip
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 85 posts
Model Shipwrights: 67 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 02:47 PM UTC
Price range for the Hasegawa Krishima (the vanilla version) should be between 20-30 USD on ebay, so the 30 pounds quote is off. It is superior (straight up comparison in terms of moulding, accuracy etc, no 'qualitative' comparison on 'value' ) to the old Fujimi version, though almost 20 years old. Best bet is simply wait for the new tooled Fujimi Kongo class, which will come sooner or later following their Kongo and Haruna. Otherwise, cheaper the better really since both will be redundant when the new version gets announced.
 _GOTOTOP