_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
Any decals for the Trumpy SSN-21 Seawolf sub?
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,794 posts
Model Shipwrights: 47 posts
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2010 - 08:49 AM UTC
Is there anything available for this 1/144 submarine? Wanting to do a current version of the Seawolf (not during seat trials) and the decals included in the kit lack a few markings only available on the current in-service boat.

If not, would anyone be able to make a few for me. I'll pay for them, of course.

Thanks,

Rob
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 1,610 posts
Model Shipwrights: 566 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 08:21 AM UTC
Rob, there are lots of ways to get exactly what you're looking for, including some guys who actually make their own.

One alternative I've used (and I'm sure there are others) is Black Lion Decals. They're located in The Netherlands, but they're very good to work with. If you can tell them what you want, especially if you can give them some sort of photo, and you can provide them with the size of what you're looking for, they can do it. They'll work with you until you've got what you're looking for and will even send a "proof" sheet (a .pdf file so you can make sure the size is right) and then print you a sheet with what you want.

I had them do some specific bumper numbers and other vehicle markings I wanted for some armor builds I was doing (both black and white numbers) and was very pleased.

The ONLY comment is that you'll need to trim the decals very closely since the film covers the entire sheet, not just your decal.

http://blackliondecals.nl
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,794 posts
Model Shipwrights: 47 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 08:37 AM UTC
Excellent!!! Thanks very much Tom! I'll definitely be calling/emailing them when I get near the 'decaling' stage. From what I've seen in a few pictures (there aren't many detailed pics of the Seawolf anyway) I only need probably 10 small pieces so if this company can do them I'll be happy!

Thanks again for the help!

Rob
 _GOTOTOP