Topics on building dioramas are grouped here
Type 14, 90 and 94 seaplanes ?
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2010 - 08:59 PM UTC
When I feel brave enough, I'll make a start on my Notoro that arrived the other day, the problem I automatically found was a seriously lacking amount of aircraft, there were 2, I say 'were' because I managed to cut one in half (don't ask).
And here is my problem, when I finally get round to building this odd looking ship, I wanted basically looking like the box art, and I can't do this with just one floatplene, I really could use some help finding the 1 or all 3 types of aircraft for this ship, Type 14, 90 and 94, look forward to your reply.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 11:05 PM UTC
Hi Alec,
Well mate, unfortunately I know of only 1 of the the 3 aircraft that you've listed as available in a bona fide "set", which is Hasegawa's IJN Carrier Base Bi-Planes, that contains some fabulously detailed Type 90 Nakajima A2N...you may have to resolve to scrounging around to past ship kit releases from other modelers who may have a plane or two left on the ol' sprue, or take the matter in hand, get some plastic stock, some good reference, and scratch-build the little buggers!

Cheers,
Gunny
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 07:19 AM UTC
Hello Gunny - sadly I will have to resort to plan 'B' using slightly different types of aircraft, the problem being, the Notoro had her own dedicated aircraft in which lay the problem of having just 1 aircraft left, so plan 'B' will be using anything I can get my hands on, a chap called Rob has promised a few.
Funny thing, a few weeks ago I was on ebay, and brought these 1-700 Hasegawa biplanes, although great detail, these are carrier based aircraft not floatplanes, but I dare say I'll be able to use these somewhere else.
 _GOTOTOP