Notoro take 2
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2010 - 08:49 AM UTC
Notoro 013
This is one strange looking ship, for an aircraft/seaplane tender there's nothing about this ship that actually makes any sense, and instantly you can see why the Japinese converted this into an oiler.
My model is almost finished, a few flags and 1 (one) aircraft and 4 or 5 more simply sitting on the sea awaiting to be towed towards the ship by small boats, this is the final plan for this ship, it'll probably take until next year to build the aircraft (driving me crazy at the moment).
Notoro 005
The lifting gear isn't really designed to pluck up an aircraft and place it upon the top open deck, even if it was, this would prove difficult due to running cables and cross-wires, hold I believe a maximum of 8 aircraft (can't see where these would go). This Skywave model has been really easy to build, a little scratch here and there, and almost finished, and I am very, very tempted to buy this again and build it into the oiler.
Notoro 019
The lower wooden deck was a chance I took, painted quickly and then scratching most of the paint off with a razor, then again quickly painting over with a slightly darker colour to try and bring out the wood effect, the probalem being, if I mucked that up, the whole model is down the drain, I feel it looks quite good.
Notoro 016
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2010 - 11:39 AM UTC
Very interesting ship Alec.
Freighter
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 43 posts
Model Shipwrights: 41 posts
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2010 - 11:47 AM UTC
Alec,
Your builds looking more detailed and accomplished every time I see them. Looking forward to seeing this ship in a diorama setting. Keep up the ggod work.

Jim S
bigal07
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2010 - 05:37 PM UTC
Thank you all for the kind words - now how many little aircraft do you want to build for me ? Just kidding.
 _GOTOTOP