_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
FM LCVP Question
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 10:03 PM UTC
Hi Guys,

I came across the FM 1/35 LCVP the other day. I was tempted to buy it as it was a reasonable price but wondered if anyone has encountered this kit as I remember their dog of an LCA.

Thanks

Al
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 11:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Guys,

I came across the FM 1/35 LCVP the other day. I was tempted to buy it as it was a reasonable price but wondered if anyone has encountered this kit as I remember their dog of an LCA.

Thanks

Al

Ahoy Al,
My 2 pence on the FM kit, as with most limited run productions, you're going to have a bit of filling, sanding, and fit-work, as well as dealing with some various flash, pin marks, and the like...an accomplished builder such as yourself should have no problems in the construction, mate, but I wouldn't recommend the FM line to any beginner shipwright.

As a multi-media kit, this is a decent one, with details on the smaller bits being quite good...personally, I'd like to see what you could do with her! I never measured for accuracy on the finished build of mine, so I really can't comment on such issues...my gut feeling, if it is at a good price, why not give it a go? (and it would make for a fine build log here at MSW! )

There's a nice, interactive break-down of the kit at the FM website here.

Cheers,
~Gunny
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 12:20 AM UTC
Hi Gunny,

Thanks for the info on the kit. If it is still around next time I visit I might pick it up and see how it builds.

Many thanks

Al
 _GOTOTOP