_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
1/700 hasegawa nachi
UNITEDSTATESNAVY
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 243 posts
Model Shipwrights: 25 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2010 - 11:16 AM UTC
I lost a main gun and have decided to replace all main guns with aftermarket brass, I have been unsuccesful in locating barrels with the blast bags...I really need the blast bags and am hoping to avoid creating bags.Does such a product exist? or should I just replace entire turret/barrel?
DMcGillavry
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 104 posts
Model Shipwrights: 102 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2010 - 07:52 PM UTC
Hello Dave,

As I know, there is no such product. I also wanted them in my stash but only found barrels without ballast bags.
UNITEDSTATESNAVY
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 243 posts
Model Shipwrights: 25 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 09:28 AM UTC
what a shame.... guess my model will be missing one gun, or..... think I will buy brass barrels and build some blast bags, you have some nice builds serhan
treadhead1952
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 552 posts
Model Shipwrights: 493 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 06:30 AM UTC
Hi Dave,

Try using Elmer's or White School Glue to cobble up your blast bags. Use a toothpick to apply it around the base of the barrel after installing all of them in the turret. As it hardens, the stuff hardens from the outside in, you can use the same toothpick to add a few wrinkles and help shape it like you want it. Making up a new barrel can be done by using a section of straight sprue from the parts tree the other parts come on. Heat it up and stretch it out to achieve a tapered shape long enough to do the job then trim it out with a hobby knife to match the size of the other barrels.

No need to let the carpet monster claim a nice easy to replace straight part like that or end your project.
 _GOTOTOP