_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Looking For Decals
Badvock
KitMaker: 3 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2010 - 12:03 AM UTC
Hi All

Firstly apologies if this is the wrong area to post , please feel free to move if required.

I am looking for some help if at all possible. I am currently in the throes of building Revells 1/72nd Gato class sub. As part of the build I am using the wem and Eduard kits to convert her to a cut down bridge version and wanted to model her as SS236 USS Silversides.. The problem is that the release of the kit I have does not contain the correct decals (no 3 on the sheet ) Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a set of decals from the US release of this kit which does contain the correct decals. Failing that if anyone has a set they would be willing to part with i would be willing to pay for them. Any help anyone can opffer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Paul
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2010 - 12:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi All

Firstly apologies if this is the wrong area to post , please feel free to move if required.

I am looking for some help if at all possible. I am currently in the throes of building Revells 1/72nd Gato class sub. As part of the build I am using the wem and Eduard kits to convert her to a cut down bridge version and wanted to model her as SS236 USS Silversides.. The problem is that the release of the kit I have does not contain the correct decals (no 3 on the sheet ) Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a set of decals from the US release of this kit which does contain the correct decals. Failing that if anyone has a set they would be willing to part with i would be willing to pay for them. Any help anyone can opffer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

Ahoy Paul, Welcome to Model Shipwrights mate!

Although I've never personally tried them, Here is a source for 1/72 Gato decals that sure look promising....we would sure like to see your build too!!

Cheers,
~Gunny
Badvock
KitMaker: 3 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2010 - 01:39 AM UTC
Mark, thanks for the welcome and the pointer, in Truth I should have mentioned that i had already looked there but there is a minimum $20 spend and since I didn't really need / want anything else from that site I was hoping there may be alternatives. Not to worry I don't mind paying the money.
 _GOTOTOP