Topics on building dioramas are grouped here
LCM (3) is there a review ?
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 - 06:12 AM UTC
Of the 1-72 Dragon model, while finding a ton of box art which doesn't tell me anything, have I missed the boat so to speak.
Dragon LCM (3) 1-72 searching for a review of this model.
Dragon
Look forward to your reply.
Although I am sure that this is different to that of LCM (3) + M4A1 with the tank, the enclosed figures are probably the same, I have just ordered one without the tank, which makes me believe these are 2 different kits -------- if I am wrong, then I've paid over the odds.
LCM
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 - 06:26 AM UTC
Al, I haven't seen a review of the particular kit that you've pictured mate, just the review of the LCM (3) + M4A1 that we have here at MSW....I'm wondering myself if they are the same vessel kit...what is the kit #, Al?
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 - 07:18 AM UTC
Here you go.

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/dml/kit_dml_7257.shtml

I've built the kit. It's a nice kit. The LCM is kind of made for war gaming so it's not full hull, but it's not really waterline either. The kit goes together well. The figures are made of DML's special vinyl, like their newer tank tracks. It's a soft plastic that can be painted. They are scaled down versions of DML's figures in their 29th Infantry D-Day kit. The kit comes with 12 infantry figures, but they are just two sets of six figures so you get two of each figure. They took paint well and are really incredibly detailed for this scale. The kit also has a clear plastic base that represents both beach and sea. It has a depression for the LCM to rest in.

All and all I liked this kit.

bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 - 08:43 AM UTC
Thank you for the reply.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 - 11:58 AM UTC
They are both the same kit. The kit I reviewed has had the Sherman added by Dragon. Nice kit but the figures are soft plastic. Not upaintable, clean them good and prime them with Future.
 _GOTOTOP