_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
My score of the week
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Model Shipwrights: 102 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 03:05 AM UTC
I'm not much of a ship builder..ok, I've never built a ship model with the exception of a Airfix Rescue Launch for a campaign here, but I recognize a deal when I see one. While out shopping a few days ago, I spied a Trumpeter 1/350 Nimitz that had just been traded in. Along with the kit was the WE photo etch set, an additional set of aircraft (f-14's I believe) and a complete set of Gold Model PE for all of these aircraft, 4 sets of PE for an entire air wing. I also spied a 1/72 Monogram B-52, and a Hasegawa 1/32 Ki-43 Oscar which I added to the pile. Total damage to my modeling money...$186 and some change. With tax it came to $200 even. When I will get to this I don't kow, but I thought you guys would appreciated a good ship model acquisition story. Thanks. "Q"
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 04:21 AM UTC
Knowing Matt as I do folks he'll probably have the Nimitz finished, P.E. and all, by next week. The people in our local IPMS club figure he doesn't sleep and he's got a bunch of elves that help him with the small stuff. You might think of crazy but nobody has ever seen Matt and Santa Claus at the same time. Go figure.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 05:42 AM UTC
Great score Matt.
 _GOTOTOP